4 Great Reasons to Use CBD to Reduce Holiday Stress
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Or at least that’s what the song on the radio says. Ah, the holidays! Wonderful, indeed — but oftentimes super stressful, too. There’s no reason to feel bad if that place inside you that is supposed to be filled with joy and cheer is instead churning and burning with worry and angst. No reason to feel bad… but no reason to just blindly accept it either! This is the perfect time to make use of the wonder that is CBD to reduce holiday stress.
If you already use CBD, awesome! You’re already in the know about the multitude of benefits. If you’ve never tried it, well, maybe you should.
No, we’re not talking about getting high here. (Although, no judgment if that’s your stress reliever of choice.) We’re talking about CBD derived from hemp. While the hemp plant looks similar to marijuana, hemp contains only very negligible amounts of THC, the cannabinoid in marijuana responsible for that intoxicating feeling. Of the multitude of cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, cannabidiol is the most prevalent and that’s what we’re talking about when we talk about CBD.
Hemp-derived CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (or ECS) in our bodies and supports and promotes healthy bodily functioning. In other words, CBD can make you feel better in your body and your mind. Holidays or anytime, who doesn’t want that?
Great Reasons to Use CBD to Reduce Holiday Stress
So, here are a few points to ponder when thinking about using CBD for reducing holiday stress…
Reason #1: CBD can make you feel better…
- It can reduce stress and anxiety. Researchers have found that CBD boosts the signals to the serotonin receptors in your brain, which in turn boosts your mood, and it also has an effect on the limbic and paralimbic brain regions, which is just a fancy way to say that it reduces anxiety. So I’m not gonna say that the calm happy feeling CBD gives you is all in your head … but it IS in your brain!
- It can relieve pain. CBD acts as an anti-inflammatory. Studies show that CBD can significantly suppress chronic neuropathic pain. So whether you are suffering from long-term conditions like arthritis, ulcerative colitis, or Crohn’s disease — or you just want to get rid of some muscle aches, cramps, or that pounding headache that being around your family always seems to bring on — CBD can literally, physically help.
Reason #2: CBD can make you look better…
- When used in topicals, such as creams and lotions, CBD’s antioxidant properties can visibly reduce the signs of aging by fighting free radicals. And the mere ingestion of CBD can reduce skin irritation and redness. So, if you want a lovely holiday glow, in real life and in all of those pictures… it’s readily available to you with CBD.
- Everyone is always worried about gaining weight from all the holiday overindulging, right? Well, never fear — CBD can be used to reduce social-anxiety so you’re not so tempted to stress eat and are then free to make better food choices. CBD also helps with digestion and reduces weight gain by regulating your insulin levels and helping your body do a better job at converting fat and metabolizing sugar. And CBD can even make you more likely to exercise — as using it before a workout can help you get motivated and stay focused, and using it after a workout can promote healing and reduce soreness which makes it more likely you’ll want to work out again the next day.
Reason #3: CBD can help you recharge better…
- Maybe it’s being with your family, or the hustle-bustle of shopping, or the deadlines that are making your job ten times more difficult that is stressing you out — but whatever it is, when you finally get a break, you need to make the most of it. When it comes to the effects of holiday stress CBD is perfect for relaxation. It can help you unwind, and stretch out, and quiet your mind. It can also give you that inner calm for more focused meditation.
- And when at last it’s time for bed, take a little CBD about a half-hour before your head hits the pillow and it will help you in achieving not only sleep but actual rest. Combine that CBD with the juice of some tart cherries (which are a natural source of melatonin) and some valerian root — and you’ll practically be guaranteed to have visions of sugar plums dancing in your head!
Reason #4: CBD can make you seem smarter…
- We’ve all seen other people handle their stress, especially at holiday parties or family gatherings, by drinking too much or getting too high… and maybe doing things that will embarrass them in the morning. But not you, my friend. CBD is a great party alternative that can combat social anxiety and still keep your mind clear. In fact, if you do choose to have an alcoholic beverage, adding some CBD to your cocktail might actually prevent you from drinking too much but can also help reduce any hangover symptoms. And if you do choose to partake in some weed and you suddenly find that you’re feeling too high, taking some CBD (and drinking water) can actually counteract the effects of the marijuana’s THC and sober you up more quickly. No day-after regrets for you, my friend.
- You’ve been banging your head against the wall trying to come up with a gift for that person on your list who is absolutely impossible to shop for. Well, what about some CBD? We’ve been talking about holiday stress and CBD… methinks you’re not the only one feeling stressed out right about now. How grateful would someone you love be if, instead of getting them something that will just sit on a shelf or that they’ll have to return, you gave them something that would actually make them feel better, look better, recharge better, and seem smarter…? Something you could even make use of together! Boom. Problem solved. You’re a genius.
Okay, there you go. Just a few things to think about in this final month of 2019. I hope that all of the above will have you at least considering CBD as a positive addition in your life to help you ease on into the bright and shiny new year that is 2020.
Choose CBD for Holiday Stress Relief from Heirloom Hemp Co.
And if you do decide that CBD is something you’d welcome, there is no better place to obtain yours than Heirloom Hemp Co. Heirloom Hemp Oils are crafted from full spectrum 100% American-grown hemp using all-natural farming processes which guarantee that our products are always free from pesticides, herbicides, and synthetic fertilizers. We currently offer our hemp oil in 350mg, 700mg, and 1400 mg concentrations, and all of our oils are unflavored, gluten-free, non-GMO, and made from the highest quality MCT oil derived from coconuts. And when you join our mailing list, you’ll receive a code for 10% off your first order.
Happy holidays! Here’s to a merry and stress-free season for each and every one of us.